What is a Virtual Assistant?
A Virtual Assistant, or a VA, is an independent contractor who helps provide support to small business owners. VA’s can help you with bookkeeping, social media management, website management, general admin tasks, and so much more.
Running a successful business can have quite a big learning curve and be very time-consuming. As an entrepreneur, you have to wear so many different hats, making it easy to feel lost as your tasks and responsibilities start to pile up. As the old saying goes, “You can do anything but not everything.” A key sign of being ready to outsource to a VA is constantly feeling overwhelmed by trying to do it all.
Here are 5 ways Virtual Assistants can help you:
- VAs can boost your business by streamlining procedures for your day-to-day operations. Sometimes the hardest part of running a business is having a solid process that keeps you organized. A VA can come up with a solution that is uniquely catered to you and your business so that you can always stay on top of things.
- VAs have a specialized skill set and will train themselves. You already have enough things on your plate and spending time training someone will just take away more valuable hours of your day. However, adding a VA to your team can help eliminate the training process and they can start working with you immediately.
- VAs can help you with tasks that you don’t want to do. If you find some tasks to be too tedious or if you don’t have time to learn a new skill or program, then that’s the perfect opportunity to hire a VA. You will be able to dedicate more time and energy to other important priorities that not only will help build your business, but that you also enjoy doing.
- VAs will save you money since they are not your traditional employee. Some expenses of hiring a traditional employee may include having to pay for their health benefits, workers’ compensation, sick or vacation time, etc. You will also have to provide them with all the tools and equipment to do their job, such as office space, a computer, a desk, and so on. A VA will be able to provide all of these costs and expenses on their own, freeing up your finances for other opportunities to grow your business.
- VAs will allow you more time to create a work-life balance. Outsourcing tasks to a VA means that you can spend more time with your friends and family. Sure, your business may be your passion, but it is also important to be able to turn your business brain off and make time for yourself and others that you care about.
If your to-do list keeps getting bigger then perhaps now is the perfect time to look into hiring a VA. No matter what task you need to be completed, you will be able to find a talented and experienced VA who has the skills that you need for your growing business.
So what’s stopping you from hiring a VA? Don’t you deserve to be able to simplify your life?